Got no oven? No worries, there are other options…such as, cooking in a microwave! As a matter of fact, the recipes below using microwave are healthy as well. It is perfect solution for eating a meal alone as well as it is an extremely easy and fast way of preparing a warm meal. Therefore whip up these easy one-dish microwave meals and stay strong no matter where your journey takes you!
Berry oatmeal cobbler
– Instant, uncooked oats 1/2 cup
– Egg 1
– Milled flaxseed 1 tbsp
– Unsweetened almond milk 1/3 cup
– Raw honey 2 tsp, or 1 g Stevia
– Fresh or frozen blueberries 1/3 cup
– Coconut oil 1 spray
– Cinnamon 1 dash
1. Spray the inside of a tall coffee mug with coconut oil.
2. Combine the oatmeal, flaxseed, cinnamon, almond milk, egg, and raw honey or Stevia in the mug.
3. Toss in fresh or frozen blueberries and gently mix together.
4. Place the mug in the microwave for 3 minutes, but check it after 2 minutes of cooking to ensure it doesn’t bubble over and make a mess.
5. Use caution when handling; it’ll be pretty hot. Enjoy the oatmeal by itself or with milk, Greek yogurt, or almond butter.
2. Light mac and cheese
-Uncooked wheat or quinoa macaroni 2 oz.
-2% Greek yogurt 1 tbsp
-Goat cheese, crumbled 4 tbsp
-Garlic powder 1 tsp
-Onion powder 1/2 tsp
-Sea salt and pepper pinch
-Green onions, chopped to garnish
- Add 2 cups of water to uncooked macaroni in a large microwave-safe bowl.
- Toss in a few teaspoons of sea salt, then place the macaroni in the microwave with a plate on top for 5 minutes.
- Stir, and cook for another 3 minutes. Check to make sure the macaroni is fully cooked.
- Drain some of the macaroni water, leaving about 1/8 cup in the bowl with the macaroni.
- Add some Greek yogurt and crumbled goat cheese, and stir. Sprinkle in some onion powder, garlic, and pepper.
3. Walnut brownie
-Cacao powder or at least 60% dark chocolate powder 3 tbsp
-Wheat flour or oat flour 1-1/2 tbsp
-Coconut sugar 1 tbsp
-Water 3 tbsp
-Greek yogurt 1 tbsp
-Crushed walnuts 1 tbsp
-Dark chocolate chips (optional) 1 tbsp
-Sea salt to garnish
- In a bowl, add cacao powder, wheat or oat flour, Greek yogurt, coconut sugar, and a little water. Mix.
- Add some crushed walnuts and optional dark chocolate chips for that extra chocolate goodness. If you find the batter is too thick, don’t worry. Just add tablespoons of water until it loosens up.
- Spray a small microwave-safe bowl with coconut oil, and pour in the batter. For kicks, add a few walnuts and chocolate chips on top.
- Place the mixture in the microwave for 2-1/2 to 3 minutes. Allow the brownie to cool for a minute or two before enjoying.
- Kick the flavours up a notch by sprinkling with sea salt. Enjoy!
If you would like to read more microwave recipes, click here!